Roku error code 009 Troubleshoot
The Roku error code that is most often associated with internet issues on your Roku device is the Roku error code 009. This can mean only thing, a connection failure with the internet but a successful connection with the router. In this article, we will look at remedial actions that will help you overcome this error and also avoid it in the future.
All electronic devices are prone to errors since they are all man-made and hence your Roku too can face issues during Roku activation. You do not have to panic when you encounter an error message on your device. Rather, you must look around for alternatives and solutions to overcome the problem. Roku has a unique way of letting its user know that it is not feeling right through a Roku error message. And these messages convey exactly the issue which in turn helps the user troubleshoot it easily.
For instance, this error code 009 is basically a connection issue with the home network and the cause can be one of the following;
- A faulty internet
- Roku issue
What to do when you have a faulty home network or internet
Once again, a faulty home network or an internet can be attributed to two major causes. One being an issue with the router and another being an ISP related issue. If it is an ISP issue, there is nothing that can be done by you. You may have to sit it out until your service provider takes up the problem and resolves it for you. Better contact the Roku Customer Service Phone Number for instant help.
And in case of a router related issue, you can try troubleshooting it first before discarding the device;
- Check the connections between the router
- Also, check the input source cable for the same
- It must be inserted completed
- All contacts with the device must be established through this input cable
- If it is an optical cable connection, and it is faulty, then contact your ISP
- Replace the router if your service provider has resolved the issue and you are still unable to establish a connection to the internet
- This can resolve the Roku error code 009
What to do when you have a Roku issue
All Roku issues with respect to this Roku error code can be related only to the device and not to the Roku server. This is because, you did not establish an internet connection in the first place, to blame to the Roku server. So, check for hardware issues on your Roku;
- Check all input and output ports on the device
- Also, try connecting the Roku to another network if available
- This is to verify if it is a Roku error or an internet error
- If other devices are able to connect to the same network, then replace the Roku
Sometimes, you may have persistent issues during the Roku activation process or during playback such as the Roku error code 009. In which case, you can reach out to our website Roku.com/link and its support team at our toll-free number +1-877-425-1410.